I spent the longest day of the year, the summer solstice, inside getting a massage and hanging out in a sauna. Sun worshiper, I am not. But now that we’re officially into summer I can’t help but feel like I’m saying goodbye to New York with each passing week, so I’m trying to make the most of my time here. Hence, another bucket list. Yes, another one. So sue me. It helps me stay organized.
24th: Chelsea Art Walk:DONE
- The Frying Pan/Pier 66 for drinks: drinks on a boat. I’m there
PDT: I actually scored reservations there once, but had been drinking all day and decided I could not go in in my current state. Yay getting older!DONE 7/14 Governor’s Island for hammocks and beer:DONE 6/28 Return to the Highline:DONE 7/24 Moma PS1 Warm Up Parties (start June 28):DONE 7/19 Central Park: rent rowboats and spend some quality time drinking on the lawn:DONE 7/29
- Return to the Met, drink on the rooftop. Remember, it’s always pay what you want.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: free entrance from 10-12 on Saturday mornings.
- Kayak! I’ve been trying to do this for what feels like ever. From LIC 7/5 and 7/19
- Monday nights: free comedy at UCB
- Wednesdays: 5 cent cocktails at BFB Highline, 6–8pm
- Wednesdays: drag bingo at Royal Palms: 7:30-10pm
- Wednesdays: Arrested Development bingo at Videology
- Wednesdays: Open mic night at Laughing Devil, plus half-price drinks
- First Fridays: fright days at Videology
- Every Friday at Yotel from 5–10pm, no cover, 10th ave and 42nd. Jazz and dancing.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Hester Street Fair, from 10am–6pm
- Saturdays, 9:30-10:30 free yoga at south street seaport (BYOM)
Brooklyn Night Bazaar: Fridays and Saturdays, 7pm-1am. 165 Banker St.DONE
- Day trip to Montauk: 3 hours by train, purchase the package at the kiosk and it’s $45 and includes round-trip rail and taxi stubs for travel to and from the station
Day trip to Philly:DONE 7/13/14
- Day trip out to Rockaways
- Day trip to Harlem
Day trip/weekend in Providence, RI:DONE 7/26-27 Weekend getaway to Rehoboth, DE:DONE 7/11 through 7/13/14